Friday, April 27, 2012

Baseball and stuff


We've had a lot of fun the last two weeks.  The girls got to go to their first baseball game, watching the Immaculata Eagles at a game in the old Durham Ball Park.  They had a lot of fun with the pompoms, and Samantha thought the game was intense!  


Catherine has been doing such a great job walking.  Even though she started several weeks after Samantha did, she got better much faster and now is just as mobile.  Well, almost.  She still has her moments where she totters like a drunk and falls to the side, but she pops back up and keeps going.


Catherine has been doing this weird thing recently where she tenses up her muscles and her face gets all red and she squeaks.  Then she laughs.  She laughs a lot!  She thinks she is the funniest girl in the world and you can't help but laugh at her, so I guess she's right.


A kind person gave the girls a Dora ride on car.  Samantha loves pushing the buttons and making it play music.

Samantha may look like a boy in that blue shirt, but I love that she can wear it.  It used to be mine, and it has the "Little Monsters" on the front and says "My Daddy loves me just the way I am".  Besides, I hope that soon enough her hair will be long enough to sustain her curls.  Aren't they gorgeous?!  Unfortunately, she sleeps on them and they straighten out.  


Another friend at school gave us a bunch of board books and the girls were so excited.  They went straight for the bag and began pulling them out.  Catherine is especially into books recently.  She likes to point at things and then look at me and say "OO?" and I tell her what it is.  They still don't really like to sit still and read, but it does happen and I love to read to them, especially all the classics I remember as a kid.  I feel the connection between me and my mom and Gram who used to read them to me, and I feel that I am passing it on.  It is a wonderful thing to share.






No comments:

Post a Comment