Sunday, May 1, 2011

The Cost of Pampers

(Written as Samantha)

Since Catherine got to update the blog yesterday, today I get my turn.  I've been home for four days now and I think I'm starting to get my groove.  I'm starting to enjoy my tummy time, I don't cry every time someone isn't holding me.  I have some trust issues from the time I spent in the hospital.  I couldn't eat and they kept poking me all the time.  They don't seem to do that to me now that I'm home so I'm feeling better and better everyday.
I enjoy spending time with my sister, though she does hit me in the head while we are sleeping.  Yesterday we slept in our swings at the same time.  I was my first experience in a swing and I really liked it.  Maybe next time I'll take the tall swing.  Catherine's been here longer, so I guess she usually gets to choose first.  I'm still bigger, so if it comes right down to it I can use brute force.
The main purpose of this update is to tell you about a little adventure I had with Daddy today.  Daddy went to change my diaper because I was poopy.  Little did he know that I wasn't done yet, not by a long shot.  As he was wiping me off, I decided it would be a good time to go some more.  Daddy still had my dirty diaper folded under me, but I pooped enough that it ran right off of it and got on the new diaper.  So that you don't have to count, I'll let you know that that was diaper #1.  After Daddy cleaned that up and put another diaper under me, I decided to pee everywhere.  I peed all over my clothes, the changing pad, and the new diaper - #2.  Daddy didn't know that I had soaked everything underneath me so he got out another diaper and put it under my butt.  Since he didn't notice that, I went ahead and pooped some more, just for good measure - #3.  When he lifted me up to clean me again, he finally noticed that everything was all wet.  At this point Mommy stepped in and suggested that I take a quick bath since I was all dirty.  One thing they didn't know what that I had poop on my foot, so just before Daddy picked me up to go to take a bath I stepped on another clean diaper that Daddy had put up on the changing table - #4.  
For all of this, I must tell Daddy that I'm sorry.  It's only fair though.  It evens the score for the nasty trick I played on Mommy after they did my barium study at the hospital.
While I was having fun doing my tummy time, Catherine fell asleep.  She makes lots of noise, but she's awfully cute when she's sleeping peacefully.  Especially when she's not hitting me in the head.  

No comments:

Post a Comment