Friday, April 29, 2011

Everyone at home!

(written today by Catherine)

Whew!  It has been a rough journey the last 6 1/2 weeks, but we have made it through, Samantha (and mommy and daddy) have been tough, and we are all home.  To welcome the complete family we had Grandpa and Nana and Great-Grandma and Great-Aunt Mary Anne here.  Great-Grandma bought us outfits with kitties on our butts!

Then mommy got a crash course on how to take care of twins because she was by herself on Samantha's first full day home.  Heidi tried to help and we stuck to a schedule (thanks Jennifer for the Babywise book!) and made it through.  We even were able to take pictures.  I'm the one with the smaller head and darker hair.  Most of Samantha's hair fell out in the hospital when she wasn't allowed to eat, but what she has is very blonde.





Nights have been a little tricky because we aren't big enough yet to eat a full bottle and keep our little tummies full for more than 4 hours at best, but we're working on it.  Daddy was home with us today and we had to go to the stupid doctor and I got stuck with things, but I guess it was over quickly.  Samantha and I both weigh just over 6 lbs, but she is still 1/2 inch longer than I am.  But, I am growing because I barely fit in my preemie clothes.  Unfortunately, regular newborn clothes are huge on me, Samantha looks better in them than I do.  Then we took a walk with Heidi in the neighborhood.  It was such a nice day!  Then mommy's friend, Linda came to visit.  She is very nice and she knit us beautiful yellow and green blankets before we were even born.  They match a pillow that mommy has had since she was a baby, how cool is that?  We have so many blankets from people and we will never be cold.

Daddy took this photo today.  Mommy likes it because apparently that is how Daddy sleeps sometimes.  She just hasn't taken a picture yet.  Daddy likes it because it looks like we are flexing our muscles.  We really don't have muscles :-)


We got to do more tummy time today.


Samantha doesn't like tummy time so much.


Samantha did get to wear the monkey hat Dani got us.


Samantha also likes her passie.  She holds on so tight that sometimes she pulls it out of her mouth and gets mad.  Wonder if she'll figure that out.  I guess it is better than me, I can't really hold it in there.


It is time for mommy to make bottles and our 10pm feeding.  Let's hope for mommy's sake that we can stay asleep for a while after that.  More to come soon.  Maybe I'll let Samantha write.  She's 2 minutes younger than me, though, so I'm not sure if she is ready yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment