Monday, September 5, 2011

Mommy's 1st week at work

It was my first whole week back at school and I'm trying to get in a rhythm and find balance.  It is difficult to say the least.  I am just glad that I have a wonderful class and faculty to help me stay busy during the day.  Busy can be very good.  But, I still managed to take pictures this week, as did our nanny, Nicki.  First, Samantha was very happy to have Mommy home, yay!



She's doing so great on her tummy, rolling over more often and she's really close to turning from her back to her tummy (which I think will make her mad once she figures it out and gets stuck, like Catherine does). By the way, doesn't Catherine look like she's got water in her  mouth she's ready to spit out?  Her cheeks look big!


 Nicki has them reading during the day.  This book is about twinkling stars and is apparently very interesting.


Dave got to go to a football game this weekend (Go Cocks!) and all of us got dressed up in our Gamecock colors.  I just wish I hadn't just dried my hair so my face isn't so red.  Then the girls got on their tummies and turned.  In the second picture they were facing each other, but ended up with Samantha kicking Catherine in the face.  She didn't seem to mind.



Close up!

Pretty church clothes!  Catherine did not sleep through church this week, but she was still very good as long as she got to watch what was going on.



This morning they were holding hands!  It was so cute and exciting, gives me hope for their sisterly relationship in the future.  We also spent some time with Heidi, who has been amazing!  The girls have started to grab onto anything within reach, which has included Heidi's beard.  She doesn't get mad or growl, she just waits for me to fix it.  She gives them little kisses on their cheek or hand and comes to check what is going on if one of them is crying.  I'm surprised that she is so interested in the girls and has become quite protective of them.  However, she has deemed Penny, my brother and sister-in-law's dog, to be acceptable, which she was.  Penny was so good considering she hasn't really been around babies.  She even gave gentle kisses (though it took up most of their face or arm).






It was so great that Mike and Alyssa were able to stop by and see the girls this weekend.  We tried to get a picture of the girls riding Penny like a horse, but Penny ran away.  All in all it was a wonderful weekend.


No comments:

Post a Comment