Friday, July 22, 2011

A yucky day (written by Catherine and Samantha)




Well, today started out with a trip to the doctor.  Not a great way to start out AT ALL!  They give us shots and make us cry and the shiny band-aids they give us do not make us feel better.  But, we do know how big we are and hear about how great we are doing.

Samantha – I am 12lbs 4 oz and 22 inches long.  I’m a big girl, just above 50th percentile for my corrected age (18 weeks – 6 weeks premature = 12 weeks) and I’m on the growth chart for my actual age.  I can hold my head up well and sit in our bumbo seat and the doctor liked that I smiled at him (though I still got shots).  My ear doesn’t stick out as far as it used to either.  I really like being awake now and I have long conversations with whoever is within listening distance.  I also like to watch the news with Mommy because the weather map comes up and has all these colors I like, red and orange and yellow.  I don’t know what the colors mean but it makes Mommy sigh for some reason.

Catherine – If Daddy and Nana say that Samantha is a pork chop, I am a shrimp.  I am just on the growth chart for my adjusted age at 9lbs 8 oz and 21 inches long.  Mommy is going to finish my gentle formula and then I go back to the high calorie preemie formula (though I was on that the whole month of July and only gained ½ a pound and I spit up more, but whatever.)  The doctor said it could be because I am so active.  I don’t really like to nap and I would rather sit up or stand than lie down and relax.  Even when I’m on my tummy I’m trying to move, but I usually just go in circles.






We’ve been having fun the last week.  Aunt Mary Anne gave us lovies and we have been playing with them a lot.  Catherine’s is called Kitty Lou (for Catie Lou) and Samantha’s is called Froggy J (for Sammy J).  They are so soft!  We also have a set from Dan, Kristian, Christine, and Eric.  We will have an upstairs lovie and a downstairs lovie, we are so loved!  We went to see Grandpa and Nana and we all went to the beach.  We had never been there before and it was weird.  Warm and wet and gritty, but we didn’t cry.  Maybe it will get to be more fun when we get older, Mommy seems to like it there a lot and Grandpa said he bought us a tent.  We got wet and then got put in our baby bjorns and went for a long walk.  Heidi likes it there too, chasing the foam on the waves and the birds on the sand.  We go back again next week and get to meet Daddy’s family, which will be a lot of fun.


So, stay tuned for more pictures and fun.  Right now we’re going to take a nap and recover from our rough morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment