Thursday, October 2, 2014

back to school for mommy



I went back to work this week and I think we've all managed to transition without too many bumps.  Dave can't sleep in until 8 or 9 anymore, and I can't bring the girls to school or pick them up anymore, but we're surviving.  I feel caught up on what I missed, and that's important.  But, let's get you caught up on my last few weeks of maternity leave.


We bought Jake and exersaucer at a consignment sale and it's the best $15 ever spent.  He LOVES it!  Seriously, you could leave him in there for 30 minutes or more and as long as you periodically chat with him (he's very social) he's good to go.  He loves to stand and turn and chew on all the stuff.


He's starting to sit on his own.  He's not upright, but he can kind of tripod with his hands and butt and do pretty well for himself.  I swear he'll be crawling soon because he's inching forward all the time, he just can't get his arms straight and his knees under himself simultaneously.  I just wish he would eat without looking all over the place and trying to stand up.  Very annoying.



The girls are having a wonderful time at school.  They come home talking about new friends and experiences, and they always have tons of art work.  Their teacher sends us pictures and here are a few.


Their teacher made me cry one day picking them up.  She told me that she loves having them in class because they are so upbeat and positive and happy.  They are polite and help their friends and always clean up and we should keep doing what we are doing because they are great kids.  Made my heart burst!


We took a trip to Duke Gardens for a little photo shoot and had a picnic.



Jake will be 5 months old tomorrow so I'll leave you with a happy face.



No comments:

Post a Comment