Thursday, January 23, 2014

January silliness


Look at my strong acrobatic girls!  They call this 'swinging'.  We had a lot of fun hanging out just us girls over Christmas break.  Lots of fairy tea parties and costumes (hence the tutus during the bowl game) and endless games of Candy Land.  It was wonderful!


Can you see Catherine?  She did this to my dad while we were in NY, only she hid behind the curtain on the other side of my closet.  This time she was behind my clothes and was silent as a mouse.  She thought she was so funny.  I was just glad she was wearing neon bright socks or I wouldn't have seen her.  As it was, I didn't see her the first time I looked in the closet, my only hint was her stuffed animal on the floor with my shoes all in a row.


Samantha has been up to other tricks.  There have been several nights when she was too hot and unzipped her pjs.  Then she got really hot and took them off completely, then went to the closet, got princess boots, and went back to bed.  Fortunately, in our search for her pjs and a blanket (all of which were underneath her) we discovered that she had also taken off her diaper!  The next night we made her promise not to take off her pjs and she didn't…but she did take off her diaper and put her pjs back on.  We checked her, saw pjs, and didn't look any further and she woke up soaking wet.  Sigh.  Now we pat her down every night once she falls asleep.  

I will say I love these girls to pieces, but they do keep us on our toes!



Touchdown!  Go Gamecocks!


Story time at night is my favorite time of day, whether I'm reading or Dave is.  I just feel the love emanating all around us.


Uncle Mike, Aunt Alyssa, and our new cousin Lily gave the girls a lot of fun play dough stuff for Christmas and they absolutely love it!  They roll logs, make gum balls and lollypops, and use the cookie cutters.


We're doing a better job potty training, especially Catherine.  She stays dry most of the day and we are so proud.  Samantha is so excited when she does 'two things!' on the potty, and so are we!  Catherine was such a good big sister when Sam and I were sick.  She stands by Sam's bed and says 'shhhh' and told me I needed a check up.  We're still working on the attitude she gives us when she is in trouble or when she doesn't listen to directions.  Wonder where that comes from?


Samantha has been using the strangest phrases recently!  She says 'whoopsie!  Sorry 'bout that!' and 'hi ya cowboy!' and 'coming through'.  She gets so excited about little everyday things and it always brings a smile to our faces and shows us the joy in the small things, too.  For example: we have these glow in the dark bears my aunt gave them.  They love them every night and when I get them from the window where they've been charging all day she loves to make it dance and says 'Oh!  You found my glow bear!'  Every time.


Then we went to a family party and got dressed up and took a bunch of pictures.  Here's one with cousin Paige, but when I get more, I will.




No comments:

Post a Comment